1. Alignment of NCTCR with European initiatives in Cancer Research
Coordination and support action to better UNderstand CANcer (CSA 4.UNCAN.EU)
Coordinator: Institut Gustave Roussy (France)
UNCAN.eu refers to an initiative to federate member states against cancer. This initiative is part of the implementation plans of two convergent programs, the Horizon Europe Mission Cancer and the Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan.
Across the 27 EU Member States, 2.7 million people are diagnosed with cancer each year and 1.3 million die from the disease, of which over 6,000 are children, adolescents and young adults. A new level of effort to better understand cancer is needed to promote new thinking and hopefully new breakthroughs in our ability to prevent, diagnose and treat this disease. The CSA named “4.UNCAN.eu” will generate a blueprint during the 15 months of this project.
The LIH through the NCTCR initiative is part of this program which has two main missions:
- The building of a European Cancer Research DATA Hub
- Generation of a research roadmap addressing urgent and essential scientific and medical needs in cancer prevention, early diagnosis, treatment and survivorship, in males and females of all ages taking advantage of recent advances in research data generation and data sciences.
2. Alignment of NCTCR with EU initiatives at policy level
Joint Action on network of Comprehensive Cancer Centres (JA CraNE).
Network of Comprehensive Cancer Centres: Preparatory activities on creation of National Comprehensive Cancer Centres and EU Networking.
The Institut National du Cancer (INC) through the NCTCR initiative is part of this project. The LIH supports the INC for the research aspects of this action.
- INC Website: https://institutnationalducancer.lu/